Eddie's Class

EL Strategies with Animation

Growing up I remember the student learning English in my high school classes tended to sit in the back. They usually had another student who dutifully translated for them. It's not really as uncommon as you would think even in today's classrooms. A great way to engage an English language learner is through the use of animation. Using GoAnimate online software I was able to create animated short-films and then have my student translate them using Google translate. In contrast to earlier times, my student is now interacting and producing engaging content as he learns to speak English.

This year has been a revelation for me in engaging my English language learners. For more strategies you can reach me directly at gonzalezedito@gmail.com

English language learner translating a short-film into Spanish using Google Translate.



My original short-film.