So during the Christmas break I got spend time with my grandmother (dad's mom). She was able to give me the recipe for one of my long lost favorites; Pollo en Coca or Chicken in Coca Cola. So the recipe below will walk you through this great dish from the state of Michoacan, Mexico!
Steps in EnglishIngredients:
1 can of chipotle chile, 1 half liter bottle of Mexican Coca Cola, 3 Roma tomatoes, 5 garlic ears, one potato 6 chicken drumsticks, 3 carrots, can of corn.
Steps for Chicken:
1. Blend the chipotle chile, 3 tomatoes, and garlic.
2. Pour from the blender into a large saucepan or pot, mix/stir in the Coca Cola.
3. Add the Chicken.
4. Add diced potato and carrots.
5. Cook for 25-30 minutes.
Steps for rice:
1. Slowly cook the rice in about tablespoon of cooking oil (it burns fast so be careful).
2. Wait for it to cool down, then add sliced carrots and 1/2 a can of ears of corn.
3. For each cup of rice add about two cups of water.
4. Let it cook on low for about 20 minutes.
Steps in Spanglish (how I took the notes)
Chile Chipotle ½
-3 jitomates molido, con ajo, con coke (no agua)
-papa picadita con ruedas de sanaoria
El pollo se cocina en la coka
top off with salt crackers
arroz doradito, no jitomate, elote
when you make the rice, fry and cook it first, then when its done let it cool down before you steam it.