Online Resources for Teachers and Students
1. All about frogs: has many areas to click to find more informations http://www.kiddyhouse.com/Themes/frogs/
3. “World Weirdest: Toads born from mother’s back” (Click Here)
4.“World’s Weirdest: Father ‘Spits-out’ young” (Click Here)
5. song about frog life cycle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR0EPHyo128
6. Can be used as close read activity or read alou http://www.defenders.org/frogs/basic-facts
7. Interactive Life Cycle http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/scienceforkids/life_cycle/frog_lifecycle.htm
9. Frog Interactive Life Cycle Quiz online.
10. Life cycle of a frog with questions at the end real good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkyv_msRS6w
11. No words, this video provides a close-up view into the the development of 5 frog-eggs. 11 days in 65 seconds.ime lapse: frog spawn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiQYWxJLhaQ
12. Life cycle with the words spawn and froglet –real good you can use part of it as a close read. Scroll down to life cycle http://www.ipcc.ie/a-to-z-peatlands/frogs/
1. National Geographic “Monarch Butterfly Grounds are in Peril” (Click Here)
2. Butterfly video youtube.com butterfly video
3.Butterflies Booklets and Slideshows
4. Monarch butterfly watch short video by Edward Gonzalez here
5.Watch short video and complete cloze activity, different leveled worksheets here.
6.Read aloud The life Cycle of a Monarch butterfly (Click Here) for book by Elizabeth Howard.
7. Butterfly books.
1. Observando El ciclo de una rana en su propio ambiente.
2. Metamorphosis de una rana
3. Ciclo de la vida de una rana en espanol in nature.
4. Como dibujar una rana.
Mail Elementary Research Report Library (Click Here)
This site has links to other animals site for students to do research and it has writing samples of 3rd grade students on animal reports. A few examples include: Polar Bear 1 * Polar Bear 2 * Polar Bear 3 Cougar, Mountain Lion, Puma Cougar 1
1.Animal Inquiry Interactive online graphic organizer: Students can use this online graphic organizer to help them write their research about animals. (Click Here)
2.An activity (paper and pencil graphic oranizer to classifying information monitoring for understanding. http://www.fcrr.org/studentactivities/c_025a.pdf